Saturday, September 18, 2010

Design your own fabric!

Best discovery of the day - Spoonflower.

In my hunt for design inspiration for my little man's nursery I came accross the above website which allows you to design your own fabric and then have it printed. To quote my hubby "Where have you been all my life???"

This website has opened all kinds of options for DIY'ers or aspiring ones like myself. I'm no longer limited to the monotonous options available at fabric stores in Ulus, this discovery means I can design bold prints, bright prints, any print! I can customize the upholstery for our sofa, pillows, drapes, bedding, and create harmonious looking rooms. Spoonflower also offers international shipping which puts the icing on the cake. And if I am feeling too lazy to design my own fabric I can purchase designs previously submitted by others. How fantastic is that.



Right off the bat this robot print stood out for me. Last year owls were big in nurseries, this year vintage robots seem to be making a comeback.

My dilemna for Noah's room is what design element to feature. Do I want objects found in nature (trees, plants...animals?), or man-made/mechanical objects (robots, cars, trains), or what about something educational (letters, numbers)? Hmm....

24 comments:

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...